Wednesday, September 28, 2005

friggin' idiot

"What the heck are you guys doing? Trying to ruin my life, make me look like a friggin' idiot?" - Napoleon Dynamite

unlike napoleon, i don't need anyone to make me look like a friggin' idiot....i do that just fine all by myself.

so, i poked my eye with my finger on monday. i'm a retard. and yes, it was an accident. ya, i poked it so bad that my cornea has a big 'ol finger nail scratch on it! man - eye injuries suck! monday night i couldn't sleep because every time my eyes started to roll back further in my head when i would start to get into a little deeper sleep, i would wake up in pain because my eye lid was scraping on the scratch on my cornea....it was bad. the doc gave me vicodin to take. ya, that made me throw up. fortunately this morning i woke up feeling fine and don't even need a tylenol. the opthamologist said that the cornea is the best place to injure your eye because it's the fastest healing; it's also the place that hurts the worst because of all the nerve endings.....so, hurt a lot for a little while, or hurt a little for a long while....hmmmm. in the end, i'm glad to have had the extreme pain-short term.

lesson learned: don't poke yourself in the eye....not a good idea.
check out my gimpy eye.
eye
"mmmMMMmmmmmm....With my naked eye I saw - all the falling rain - coming down on me...…"

2 comments:

Kimster said...

Man, nothing like self inflicted injury to add to self induced insult. You need to call me, we need to have coffee soon. Let me know when you get time away from all the eye poking.

wombbuddy1 said...

Talk to my sis about her injury at Starbucks in Seattle. No one else saw the blade of fake grass from a floral decoration awaiting an unsuspected victim's right eyeball. "Yes, I'd like a tall lattee with....OOOOHHHHHHHHHHH."