Tuesday, August 2, 2005

office space

office
"damn, it feels good to be a gansta!"
Joanna: So, where do you work, Peter?
Peter Gibbons: Initech.
Joanna: In... yeah, what do you do there?
Peter Gibbons: I sit in a cubicle and I update bank software for the 2000 switch.
Joanna: What's that?
Peter Gibbons: Well see, they wrote all this bank software, and, uh, to save space, they used two digits instead of four.
So, like 98 instead of 1998? Uh... so I go through these thousands of lines of code and, uh... it doesn't really matter. I uh... I don't like my job, and, uh... I don't think I'm gonna go anymore.
Joanna: You're just not gonna go?
Peter Gibbons: Yeah.
Joanna: Won't you get fired?
Peter Gibbons: I don't know, but I really don't like it, and, uh, I'm not gonna go.
Joanna: So you're gonna quit?
Peter Gibbons: Nah-uh. Not really. Uh... I'm just gonna stop going.
Joanna: When did you decide all that?
Peter Gibbons: About an hour ago.
Joanna: An hour ago... so you're gonna get another job?
Peter Gibbons: I don't think I'd like another job.
Joanna: Well, what are you going to do about money and bills and...
Peter Gibbons: You know... I've never really liked paying bills. I don't think I'm gonna do that, either.

ok allan here's my office space. and I'm sporting my "i-hate-posing-for-pictures-and-I'm-trying-really-hard-not-to-look-dorky" face. :)

4 comments:

allan said...

very, very cool pic. Wow... very styling. Nice clean workstation, you must be a perfectionist designer. The pose is all-good too. It's going to look perfect in the Office Space coffee table book. Great "office space" movie quote btw (a favorite movie of mine).

Teresa said...

...you're right on the perfectionist thing...heck, I was a bookkeeper (and yes that is how you spell it) the job before this one...

i absolutely must have my workspace clean before I leave every day....don't know why; i'm just crazy-wack. (i like to use that word whenever i can because i said it on accident one time to my best friend about something or other and she thought it was hilarious and she always teases me about it now; so i have to use it now whenever it seems appropriate.) :)

ok, random....i'll stop now. end post.

Kenny said...

Where did you get that quote? It's AWESOME!

Teresa said...

I googled "Office Space" and found it on about.com.... :-)