Thursday, October 13, 2005

quirks

little known facts about me, just because. some of these things are what has convinced my husband that I must have obsessive compulsive disorder. ;-)

1) when putting the lid on my fast food cup or my coffee, i like to position the seam of the cup facing away from me and the lid so that I can read whatever is on the top of it when I take a sip from the straw. (there IS a reason for this too, believe it or not and it's a good one at that.)

2) if there is a spill on our table at a restaurant and there is a napkin handy i always clean it up.

3) i always arrange the sugar packets so that each type is grouped together. i'm a sugar separatist. :-p

4) my favorite shoes are black. my car is black. my dog is black. i'm drawn to black and white only advertisements. i want a black only tattoo, no other colors. i do all my doodling with a black ink or flow pen. my strongest creative pieces have been in all black and white. if you ask me what my favorite color is, i'll tell you it's green or blue.

5) i burp real loud. sometimes i forget where i'm at and burp real loud in fancy restaurants - nate just turns his head and momentarily acts like he doesn't know me. i do the same with him when he let's a fart rip and it ends up being louder and stinkier than he anticipated.

6) i do my best reflecting and thinking on life while in the car driving with the music blaring. i think of a ton of things to blog about in the car but they never make it back with me to the computer.

7) when i see a stranger in the car next to me bobbing to music i turn on the radio and try to find the radio station they're listening to.

8) i'm one of those people that take the exit lane (or any open lane for that matter) as far as i can before merging back into traffic during rush hour.

9) i secretly want to learn to dance but would never make it for fear of looking like an idiot during the transition from non-dancer to dancer. and even if i did buck up and learn to dance i would never actually go to a club and actually dance.

10) i'm terribly forgetful.

11) i hate those drivers that speed up really fast at the start of a green light just to beat me when I'm not even racing them....and then slow down. i'm one of those drivers.

12) i use the word "serious" way to often. "seriously?" "are you serious?" "no, serious?" "seriously!" "come on, serious?" "seriously now....really...come on...for serious."

13) i forget my closest friends' birthdays and anniversaries but remember other people's birthdays whom i'm not especially close to.

14) i've made it a very deliberate habit of mine to turn my turn signal on before i hit my brakes to start turning. it really drives me nuts when drivers start slowing down and give absolutely no indication to the person behind them, why in the world they are slowing down.

15) i refuse to turn into an old lady that thinks "kids nowadays are just so terrible! when i was a kid...." i want to be a cool old lady that continues to enjoy new things.

16) i like to play DDR. my sister got me into it. and as if that wasn't dorky enough by itself; i like to do it for exercise on "workout" mode.

17) i like to eat saltines crackers with butter on them. i love potatoes - pretty much any form. fried, baked, it doesn't matter. i could live off potatoes. when i was little I used to make peanut butter and sugar sandwiches.

No comments: