Sunday, July 10, 2005

playlist

run
there's nothing quite like a great playlist for running....I find that unless I have a playlist of great songs to motivate me while I'm running I really can't make it...I know, I know, I could "push through it" and "it's all about motivation" the nike ad, "just do it" comes to mind........blah, blah, blah........whatever, with a capitol W. a part of my brain knows all that but nevertheless, it really does help to have great music with great beats to help me keep a good pace. i love it when i get in "the groove" while running where everything else fades away and it's just me, the pavement and the pace of my feet, one foot in front of the other moving to the beat of the song......oh, I just love that feeling so much. it's when I'm in "the groove" that I feel rejuvenated; like I could come home afterwards from running and do just about anything I want.....i don't really know how else to describe it but i feel the best about myself when I'm in "the groove." there aren't many moments of high self-esteem in my life that I experience on a regular basis but when I'm in "the groove" I feel it, and it makes the aches in my legs and my lack of breath all worth it in the end.

So, with that said, here is one of my newest playlists. I tested it out tonight as a matter of fact. I've arranged all the songs so that I have a 50 minute workout: one 5 minute song for warm up, then a full 30 minutes of faster paced songs that gradually increase in beats per minute, then about 15 minutes of slow songs that gradually decrease in beats per minute for cool down. I used to teach water aerobics at the community pool when I was in high school. none of the aerobic tapes were mixed with very good songs so I made up my own......i've been doing it ever since.

DISCLAIMER: Almost ALL of these songs are among my "guilty pleasures" music list. I promised I'd share more with you, so here you go! :) be nice to me.....


beyonceMe, Myself & I - Beyonce' - Dangerously In Love
craig1Seven Days - Craig David - Born To Do It
marioI Don't Wanna Know - Mario Winans Ft. P. Diddy
justinRock Your Body - Justin Timberlake - Justified
beyonceNaughty Girl - Beyonce' - Dangerously In Love
outcastRoses - Outkast - Speakerboxx/The Love Below
outcastThe Way You Move - Outkast - Speakerboxx/The Love Below
craig1Fill Me In - Craig David - Born To Do It
britneyToxic OK - Britney Spears - In The Zone - ADVANCE
craigdavid2Rise And Fall - Craig David Ft. Sting - Slicker Than Your Average
maryMy Life - Mary J. Blige - My Life
usherU Got It Bad - Usher - 8701
vivianEmotional Rollercoaster - Vivian Green - A Love Story

2 comments:

Mary said...

teresa -

first things first. i am SO glad i can get to your site now!! for so long, nothing's come up past the third line of the top of your blog entries. have you had any problems with the site?

and secondly, i'm totally stealing your playlist. i've got mine down pretty well now, but since i've started doing long runs about three times a week, i'm looking to switch the playlist up a bit. thank you for this!!

and i'm glad you're back online :)

Teresa said...

hey mary!

Ya, just the other day my sister commented about how she was having troubles too....not sure what's going on; I can get to it just fine....glad it's back up though! :)

I'm glad you want to steal my playlist! I hope you like it!