Sunday, April 24, 2005

stuff

wow. alot has happened during my month long disappearence from posting....where do i start? ok, so my accounting background will come out for just a moment while i list the new stuff in chronological order...then i'll explain a little.

1. Got a perm.
2. Went to Boston
3. Bought Adobe creative suite (yes!-student discounts rock!)
4. Got a new job.

ya, so how many of you can say you had a perm in kindergarden!?!? ya, that's right, i can. i've had a perm in my hair from kindergarden through age 15. i took a break from perms until now....10 years i've given my hair to revive itself....now it's back to torturing it... i really do like it though...now. it was a little too 80's at first but it's calmed down a lot since...what do you think?

We visited some friends in Boston, MA. It was sooo much fun! We took a bus (4 hour trip) to New York too. Out of the two, I liked Boston better. I noticed that people dress more formally on the east coast....it was weird. I hardly ever saw a person in jeans without some other piece to dress it up a bit and I never saw t-shirt layering happening....hmmm.

I'm sooo excited about getting Adobe creative suite!! It's normally a $1,200 program and I got it for $400!! Now I can do my homework for my digital photography and design fundamentals classes on illustrator and photoshop from home!

and last, but not least...I got a new job. I'm not exactly sure what my title is yet but no matter....i'll be doing design stuff for my church. i'm excited about it because i really enjoy playing on the computer designing logos and stuff and now i can get paid to do it! and it will be a nice change from accounting stuff for sure! my first project is updating the website and i get to work with my husband on that since he's the webmaster for new heights. fun, fun, fun!!

there's your quick overview of this past month!

1 comment:

Mary said...

i'm excited you got a perm. i've never had one because my hair's always been so curly anyway, but perm curls are always so much more tamed than regular ones. maybe it's time i go get myself a perm, too ...

i totally understand that you would like boston better than new york. i'm not a big new york fan - it seems a little too fast and a little too showy for me, but it's nice for a visit.

anyway, glad you're back and have fun with the new job - sounds like a great fit :)