Tuesday, March 8, 2005

mountain go boom

St. Helens
Mt. St. Helens exploded today.....you can read up on it here.

It's funny, the eruption of St. Helens today.....it's analogous, somewhat of what happened in my life yesterday. I was pretty much blown away by the news I received only 10-15 minutes upon my stepping foot inside my place of work. My position has been eliminated......

I'll spare you all the details.....and ya, the official reason was due to budget cuts but, let's just say, in all honesty, the phrase, "get rid of the evidence" comes to mind when I try and come up with real reasons for why "my position" was terminated.

"..do the right thing...be the bigger person...do what you know is right..." comes to mind as something that my parents instilled in me well growing up. However, this is about the third major event in my life that has had negative consequences for me personally as a result of "doing the right thing." Honestly? This is getting old.

And to add insult to injury, i've only gotten into these kinds of situations with people who are supposed to know better, and who I trust (or did anyway) to make healthy choices.

No comments: